The Holy Grail of hiking on Kauai has to be the 22-mile (roundtrip) Kalalau Trail, a slippery slope endurance trek along the stunning Na Pali Coast. Efforts are now under way to repair at least the first leg of the trail, the two-mile stretch from the trailhead at Ke`eBeach to Hanakapi`ai Valley.
Waimea Canyon, the 3,000-foot-deep centerpiece of Koke`e State Park, is another premiere hiking experience and one trail ends at an 800-foot waterfall. Unique is the Alakai Swamp trail in Koke`e State Park travels through a mountain rainforest rising 4,000 to 4,500 feet above sea level. It is covered by a network of soggy bogs, a forest of dwarfish trees, weird plants and native birds. A boardwalk makes wading through the swamp easier.
Other favorites include the Okolehau Trail near Hanalei, the Powerline Trail on the north shore, and Sleeping Giant, near Kapa`a.
- courtesy of 101 Things To Do
- Come be a part of history – VIP access is only the beginning
- Free Unlimited Golf in October at Turtle Bay this Golftober.
- $655+ Hawaii January Sale –$100 off + FREE Convertible SUV or Minivan Rental
- Kauai Beach Resort - monthly art & wine events and free airport and golf shuttle - $119
- $595+ Kauai 3 nights w/Air. Save up to $100 per Booking!
- $595+ Aston Aloha Beach Hotel: 3 nights with air. Includes $100 off and FREE parking PLUS kids 12 and younger stay, play and eat FREE.
- Save 25% on your Kauai Vacation Condo
- Kauai Condo/Car Packages from as low as $129!
- Discount Hawaii Car Rental - Jeeps, exotic cars, motorcycles, and more!
- Free additional driver with Discount Hawaii Car Rental
- Save up to 50% on your car rental with major USA car companies - Discount Hawaii Car Rental
- $689+ Sheraton Kauai Resort: 3 nights with Air. Includes $100 off PLUS kids 17 and younger stay FREE.
- $805+ Outrigger Waipouli Beach Resort & Spa: 3-night 1 BR Condo with Air. $100 off, FREE parking and Wi-Fi PLUS kids 17 & younger stay FREE.
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers