The Holy Grail of hiking on Kauai has to be the 22-mile (roundtrip) Kalalau Trail, a slippery slope endurance trek along the stunning Na Pali Coast. Efforts are now under way to repair at least the first leg of the trail, the two-mile stretch from the trailhead at Ke`eBeach to Hanakapi`ai Valley.
Waimea Canyon, the 3,000-foot-deep centerpiece of Koke`e State Park, is another premiere hiking experience and one trail ends at an 800-foot waterfall. Unique is the Alakai Swamp trail in Koke`e State Park travels through a mountain rainforest rising 4,000 to 4,500 feet above sea level. It is covered by a network of soggy bogs, a forest of dwarfish trees, weird plants and native birds. A boardwalk makes wading through the swamp easier.
Other favorites include the Okolehau Trail near Hanalei, the Powerline Trail on the north shore, and Sleeping Giant, near Kapa`a.
- courtesy of 101 Things To Do
- Hawaii 3 nights w/ Air – FREE fullsize Car PLUS save up to $100!
- Come be a part of history – VIP access is only the beginning
- Volcano Value Rates at Royal Kona Resort from $129
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 4 night Best of the Beach package just $1385
- From $880 - Oahu & Kauai Island Hopping 6 Nights Incl. Air, Transfers & Daily Breakfast. Choose your favorite hotel for your stay!
- Kauai Beach Resort - monthly art & wine events and free airport and golf shuttle - $119
- Free additional driver with Discount Hawaii Car Rental
- Kauai Condo/Car Packages from as low as $129!
- Discount Hawaii Car Rental - Jeeps, exotic cars, motorcycles, and more!
- From $1,022 - 8 Nt. Oahu & Kauai Vacation w/Air, Hotel, Transfer & Taxes
- Discount Hawaii Car Rental - guaranteed reservations, no deposit, cancel anytime.
- From $945 - Island Hopping: Maui & Kauai, 6 Nights w/Air, Hotel, Transfers & Daily Breakfast
- Stay at the Kauai Sands Hotel - Hawaii's Best Oceanfront Value - $79
- Come and be part of history at surfing’s ultimate experience with one of our special package offers. VIP access is only the beginning...
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers