Big game fish call Hawaii home, so the chances of hooking a whopper on a fishing charter out of Kauai are better than average. Local favorites such as marlin, dorado (mahimahi), yellow fin tuna (ahi), or wahoo (ono) are the usual catch and most fishing boats operate out of NawiliwiliHarbor, others go from Port Allen and the North Shore.
When you book your charter, it might be a good idea to specify what type of fishing you’re interested in and some boats are exclusively tag and release. Be sure to ask the captain beforehand what you can expect to catch, and how much of the catch you can take home.
- courtesy of 101 Things To Do
- Na Pali Coast, Waimea Canyon, and 'Jurassic Park Falls' views with Blue Hawaiian Helicopters!
- Save up to 40% plus complimentary breakfast at Starwood Resorts in Hawaii!
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 4-night Romance Package just $1709
- $539+ Hawaii Winter Vacation Sale: 3 nights with air!
- Over 35 Oahu attractions & activities, 1 LOW PRICE! Save up to 55% now!
- To truly experience Hawaii, you must see it from above! Blue Hawaiian Helicopter tours from $149
- From $1,165 - Island Hopping: Maui & Kauai, 6 Nights w/Air, Hotel, Transfers & Daily Breakfast
- Ready to get dirty? ATV tours on Kauai.
- You must do a LUAU! Fire knife dancers, hula dancers, mai tais, lots of food, and more! Pick one here.
- $539+ Kauai Vacations- 3 nights w/air and FREE one-category Hertz Rental Upgrade.
- $539+ Aston Aloha Beach Hotel: 3-night Ocean View w/Air and FREE one-category Hertz Rental Upgrade. Kids 12 & younger stay, play and eat FREE.
- See the most popular activities on Kauai!
- Kauai Condo/Car Packages from as low as $141!
- $709+ Sheraton Kauai Resort: 3-night Condo w/Air Includes EXCLUSIVE rate PLUS kids 17 & under stay FREE.
- Snorkel adventures on Kauai!
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers