You will never forget the experience of meeting dolphins in Hawaii. These fascinating and playful creatures are often seen skimming the surface of the ocean, spinning and leaping. There are places in Hawaii where you can meet dolphins and even swim with them.
At a dolphin encounter facility,guests can become acquainted with the dolphins in shallow waters, while experts share information about these animals and the environmental issues affecting them in the wild.
dolphins are protected by the Marine Mammal Protection Act which states humans and vessels maintain a distance of at least 50 yards. dolphins may approach humans, but it is against the law to approach, chase, surround, touch or swim with them.
Hawaii is home to eight different species of dolphin but the most famous and instantly recognizable are the bottlenose. Atlantic Bottlenose dolphins can reach up to 10 feet in length and are easily identified by their rounded forehead, or melon, and amicable expression. Usually seen in small groups or singly, they spend most of their time in the channels between the islands but will sometimes approach passing boats.
- $539+ Hawaii Winter Vacation Sale: 3 nights with air!
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 4-night Romance Package just $1709
- Na Pali Coast, Waimea Canyon, and 'Jurassic Park Falls' views with Blue Hawaiian Helicopters!
- Save up to 40% plus complimentary breakfast at Starwood Resorts in Hawaii!
- Over 35 Oahu attractions & activities, 1 LOW PRICE! Save up to 55% now!
- $709+ Aston at Poipu Kai: 3-night One Bedroom Condo w/Air and FREE one-category Hertz Rental Upgrade PLUS kids 12 & under stay, play and eat FREE.
- Kauai sightseeing tours - let someone else do the driving.
- Experience the beauty of Kauai from horseback.
- Winter whale of a deal! Save 15% on your Kauai condo
- Take a guided kayak tour in Kauai's pristine waters.
- 5th Night Free at beautiful oceanfront Kauai condos
- $1,099+ The St. Regis Princeville Resort: 3 nights w/Air and FREE one-category Hertz Rental Upgrade. PLUS Kids 17 & younger stay FREE.
- Save up to 50% on your car rental with major USA car companies - Discount Hawaii Car Rental
- See the most popular activities on Kauai!
- You must do a LUAU! Fire knife dancers, hula dancers, mai tais, lots of food, and more! Pick one here.
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers