You will never forget the experience of meeting dolphins in Hawaii. These fascinating and playful creatures are often seen skimming the surface of the ocean, spinning and leaping. There are places in Hawaii where you can meet dolphins and even swim with them.
At a dolphin encounter facility,guests can become acquainted with the dolphins in shallow waters, while experts share information about these animals and the environmental issues affecting them in the wild.
dolphins are protected by the Marine Mammal Protection Act which states humans and vessels maintain a distance of at least 50 yards. dolphins may approach humans, but it is against the law to approach, chase, surround, touch or swim with them.
Hawaii is home to eight different species of dolphin but the most famous and instantly recognizable are the bottlenose. Atlantic Bottlenose dolphins can reach up to 10 feet in length and are easily identified by their rounded forehead, or melon, and amicable expression. Usually seen in small groups or singly, they spend most of their time in the channels between the islands but will sometimes approach passing boats.
- Royal Experience Package at Royal Kona Resort from $229/nt
- Over 35 Oahu attractions & activities, 1 LOW PRICE! Save up to 55% now!
- Splash into Summer at Aston Hotels from $99!
- Na Pali Coast, Waimea Canyon, and
- $909+ Hawaii Trips w/Air & FREE Convertible, SUV or Minivan
- Save 25% on your Maui Condo when you add a car to your reservation!
- Aston Waimea Plantation Cottages - $181
- Add a Car to your Kauai Condo rental for as low as $24/day!
- From $1480 - Kauai Hyatt Hotel 5-Night Package w/Airfare, Hyatt Hotel Stay, Breakfast & Taxes
- You must do a LUAU! Fire knife dancers, hula dancers, mai tais, lots of food, and more! Pick one here.
- Kauai Condo/Car Packages from as low as $141!
- Add a little adventure to your vacation - Kauai Zipline Tours
- $675+ Kauai Vacations- 3 nights w/air. Get a FREE one-category upgrade when you book a Hertz rental.
- Take a guided kayak tour in Kauai's pristine waters.
- To truly experience Hawaii, you must see it from above! Blue Hawaiian Helicopter tours from $149
- Kauai sightseeing tours - let someone else do the driving.
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers