Historic and picturesque, the Koloa district spans from old Koloa Town to Kauai’s beautiful southern coast in Poipu. Koloa opened Hawaii’s first sugar mill in 1835 and set the precedent for commercial sugar production across the islands. The sugar era opened the door to a wave ofimmigrants that make up Hawaii’s multicultural population today.
Today, the area’s recreational pursuits include off-road adventures and backcountry tours.
Old Koloa Town has retained much of its charm with a variety of shops now occupying the plantation buildings along Koloa Road. Stroll by Koloa’s old-fashioned storefronts and discover special local gifts, then enjoy an island-style ice cream cone under the shade of the large monkey pod trees. The Koloa History Center is a place to learn about the area’s heritage, while the annual Koloa Plantation Days is a summer celebration of the area’s past, present and future.
- Come be a part of history – VIP access is only the beginning
- $639+ Hawaii January Sale –$100 off + FREE Convertible, SUV or Minivan Rental
- Luau, dinner cruise, snorkel and more! Book all your activities in one place
- $629+ Aston Aloha Beach Hotel: 3 nights with air. Includes $100 off and FREE parking PLUS kids 12 and younger stay, play and eat FREE.
- From $968 - Island Hopping: Maui & Kauai, 6 Nights w/Air, Hotel, Transfers & Daily Breakfast
- Save 25% on your Kauai Vacation Condo
- $675+ Waipouli Beach Resorts & Spa Kauai by Outrigger: 3-night 1 BR Condo with Air. $100 off, FREE parking and Wi-Fi PLUS kids 17 & younger stay FREE.
- Stay at the Kauai Sands Hotel - Hawaii's Best Oceanfront Value - $79
- Come and be part of history at surfing’s ultimate experience with one of our special package offers. VIP access is only the beginning...
- Discount Hawaii Car Rental - Jeeps, exotic cars, motorcycles, and more!
- Free additional driver with Discount Hawaii Car Rental
- Save up to 50% on your car rental with major USA car companies - Discount Hawaii Car Rental
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers