Historic and picturesque, the Koloa district spans from old Koloa Town to Kauai’s beautiful southern coast in Poipu. Koloa opened Hawaii’s first sugar mill in 1835 and set the precedent for commercial sugar production across the islands. The sugar era opened the door to a wave ofimmigrants that make up Hawaii’s multicultural population today.
Today, the area’s recreational pursuits include off-road adventures and backcountry tours.
Old Koloa Town has retained much of its charm with a variety of shops now occupying the plantation buildings along Koloa Road. Stroll by Koloa’s old-fashioned storefronts and discover special local gifts, then enjoy an island-style ice cream cone under the shade of the large monkey pod trees. The Koloa History Center is a place to learn about the area’s heritage, while the annual Koloa Plantation Days is a summer celebration of the area’s past, present and future.
- $565+ Hawaii 3-Night Vacations with Air – FREE Hertz mid-size rental!
- Free additional driver with Discount Hawaii Car Rental
- Kauai Condo/Car Packages from as low as $129!
- Stay at the Kauai Sands Hotel - Hawaii's Best Oceanfront Value - $79
- $575+ Kauai 3 nights w/Air. Includes FREE Hertz mid-size rental!
- From $1,403 - Big Island + Kauai + Maui Island Hopping Trip: 9 Nights Incl. Air, Transfers, Hotels, Breakfast & Taxes
- From $1,041 - 8 Nt. Oahu & Kauai Vacation w/Air, Hotel, Transfer & Taxes
- Kauai Beach Resort - monthly art & wine events and free airport and golf shuttle - $119
- Guaranteed cheap car rental rates with national rental companies
- Save up to 50% on your car rental with major USA car companies - Discount Hawaii Car Rental
- Luau, dinner cruise, snorkel and more! Book all your activities in one place
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers