Kilauea Point Wildlife Refuge is a popular place for seabirds and humans. The refuge is one of the busiest in the United States, currently ranking among the top five in annual visitation. As a regular stop on the flight path of the largest colony of seabirds in the main HawaiianIslands., six species nest on the refuge. They include the Red-footed Booby, Brown Booby, Great Frigatebird, Laysan Albatross, Wedge-tailed Shearwater, Newell’s Shearwater, White-tailed Tropicbird and Red-tailed Tropicbird.
During humpback whale season (December through April), this spot on the eastern edge of Kauai’s North Shore is a good place to see whales.
A nearly century-old lighthouse is the focal point of the refuge. The Kilauea Lighthouse began shining its light in 1913 and ceased operation in 1976.
Other activities in the area include horseback riding through glorious scenic vistas, while nearby Anini Beach hosts the longest reef on the island for great underwater excursions and snorkeling.
Small farm operations in the area produce fruit, goat cheese and honey plus organic vegetables and herbs. The area’s fresh offerings can be found on Thursdays at the farmers market. Botanical gardens are also growing in the area.
- $555+ Hawaii Vacations: 3-Night with Air & FREE Midsize Car Rental
- Swim with dolphins without the crowds!
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 3-night Whale Encounter Package from $878
- Aloha Special Reduced Rates starting at $149/night
- From $919 - Island Hopping: Maui & Kauai, 6 Nights w/Air, Hotel, Taxes, Transfers & Daily Breakfast
- $855+ Koloa Landing Resort: 3-night 1-BR Condo w/Air and FREE Midsize Car Rental PLUS kids 17 & younger stay FREE.
- From $1,271 - Kauai, Kona & Hilo Beach & Volcano 6 -Night Trip w/Air, Car Rental & Hotels
- From $1,065 - Big Island + Kauai + Maui Island Hopping Trip: 9 Nights Incl. Air, Transfers, Hotels, Breakfast & Taxes
- From $1,597 - Kauai Hyatt Hotel 5-Night Package w/Airfare, Hyatt Hotel Stay, Breakfast & Taxes
- Stay at the Kauai Sands Hotel - Hawaii's Best Oceanfront Value - $79
- From $1,069 - 8 Nt. Oahu & Kauai Vacation w/Air, Hotel, Transfer, Breakfast, & Taxes
- $1,245+ Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa: 3 nights w/Air and Midsize Car Rental PLUS kids 18 and younger stay FREE.
- $559+ Plantation Hale Suites: 3 nights with Air and FREE Midsize Car Rental, FREE parking PLUS kids 17 & under stay FREE.
- Kauai Beach Resort - monthly art & wine events and free airport and golf shuttle - $119
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers