Kilauea Point Wildlife Refuge is a popular place for seabirds and humans. The refuge is one of the busiest in the United States, currently ranking among the top five in annual visitation. As a regular stop on the flight path of the largest colony of seabirds in the main HawaiianIslands., six species nest on the refuge. They include the Red-footed Booby, Brown Booby, Great Frigatebird, Laysan Albatross, Wedge-tailed Shearwater, Newell’s Shearwater, White-tailed Tropicbird and Red-tailed Tropicbird.
During humpback whale season (December through April), this spot on the eastern edge of Kauai’s North Shore is a good place to see whales.
A nearly century-old lighthouse is the focal point of the refuge. The Kilauea Lighthouse began shining its light in 1913 and ceased operation in 1976.
Other activities in the area include horseback riding through glorious scenic vistas, while nearby Anini Beach hosts the longest reef on the island for great underwater excursions and snorkeling.
Small farm operations in the area produce fruit, goat cheese and honey plus organic vegetables and herbs. The area’s fresh offerings can be found on Thursdays at the farmers market. Botanical gardens are also growing in the area.
- Free Unlimited Golf in October at Turtle Bay this Golftober.
- $669+ Hawaii January Sale –$100 off + FREE Convertible SUV or Minivan Rental
- Come be a part of history – VIP access is only the beginning
- $775+ Outrigger Waipouli Beach Resort & Spa: 3-night 1 BR Condo with Air. $100 off, FREE parking and Wi-Fi PLUS kids 17 & younger stay FREE.
- Free Unlimited Golf in October for guests of Turtle Bay - Play as many rounds as you want on either of our championship courses!
- From $1,041 - 8 Nt. Oahu & Kauai Vacation w/Air, Hotel, Transfer & Taxes
- $635+ Sheraton Kauai Resort: 3 nights with Air. Includes $100 off PLUS kids 17 and younger stay FREE.
- From $1,339 - Kauai Hyatt Hotel 5-Night Package w/Airfare, Hyatt Hotel Stay, Breakfast & Taxes
- Luau, dinner cruise, snorkel and more! Book all your activities in one place
- From $1,010 - Island Hopping: Maui & Kauai, 6 Nights w/Air, Hotel, Transfers & Daily Breakfast
- From $920 - Oahu & Kauai Island Hopping 6 Nights Incl. Air, Transfers & Daily Breakfast. Choose your favorite hotel for your stay!
- $545+ Aston Aloha Beach Hotel: 3 nights with air. Includes $100 off and FREE parking PLUS kids 12 and younger stay, play and eat FREE.
- From $1,350 - 9 Nights Island Hopping: Oahu, Kauai & Maui w/Air, Hotel & Breakfast. Spend 3 Nights in each island.
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers