Agriculture provided a big boost to development of Kapa’a. Located on the eastern coast of Kauai, the area grew sugar cane and pineapples in the 19th and 20th centuries. Today, agriculture has taken a turn to newer small farm operations that produce cacao, citrus, bamboo, avacado and vanillabeans. The area’s fresh offerings can be found on Wednesdays at the farmers market.
Hitting the beach in the Kapa’a area can include family-friendly Lydgate Park, while is popular at Fuji (Baby) Beach. Kealia Beach Park, just north of Kapa`a on Hwy. 56, is a popular surfing, sunning and walking beach, while a favorite hiking excursion includes the Sleeping Giant trail.
Kapa`a has an eclectic selection of casual dining restaurants including pasta, BBQ, pizza, Thai food and vegetarian options. Kapa’a is also home to a unique gluten-free bakery.
In Old Kapa`a Town, a cluster of off-the-mall shops and restaurants line the streets and walking is the best mode of transport.
- 50% OFF – 7-Day Maui & Kauai Condo Spring Sale
- $639+ Hawaii Vacations with Air & Car
- Swim with dolphins without the crowds!
- $655+ Kauai: 3-night vacations with Air and FREE Hertz Midsize Rental
- From $1,105 - Island Hopping: Maui & Kauai, 6 Nights w/Air, Hotel, Transfers & Daily Breakfast
- $1,365+ The St. Regis Princeville Resort: 3 nights w/Air and FREE Hertz Midsize Rental PLUS Kids 17 & younger stay FREE.
- Kauai Condo/Car Packages from as low as $129!
- Discount Hawaii Car Rental - Jeeps, exotic cars, motorcycles, and more!
- Save 15% on your Kauai Vacation Condo
- Stay at the Kauai Sands Hotel - Hawaii's Best Oceanfront Value - $79
- From $1,519 - Big Island + Kauai + Maui Island Hopping Trip: 9 Nights Incl. Air, Transfers, Hotels, Breakfast & Taxes
- Add a Car to your Kauai Condo rental for as low as $17/day!
- From $1,175 - 8 Nt. Oahu & Kauai Vacation w/Air, Hotel, Transfer & Taxes
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers