Agriculture provided a big boost to development of Kapa’a. Located on the eastern coast of Kauai, the area grew sugar cane and pineapples in the 19th and 20th centuries. Today, agriculture has taken a turn to newer small farm operations that produce cacao, citrus, bamboo, avacado and vanillabeans. The area’s fresh offerings can be found on Wednesdays at the farmers market.
Hitting the beach in the Kapa’a area can include family-friendly Lydgate Park, while is popular at Fuji (Baby) Beach. Kealia Beach Park, just north of Kapa`a on Hwy. 56, is a popular surfing, sunning and walking beach, while a favorite hiking excursion includes the Sleeping Giant trail.
Kapa`a has an eclectic selection of casual dining restaurants including pasta, BBQ, pizza, Thai food and vegetarian options. Kapa’a is also home to a unique gluten-free bakery.
In Old Kapa`a Town, a cluster of off-the-mall shops and restaurants line the streets and walking is the best mode of transport.
- $565+ Hawaii 3-Night Vacations with Air – FREE Hertz mid-size rental!
- Volcano Value Rates at Royal Kona Resort from $129
- Hilton Hawaii Deals - starting at just $169
- Guaranteed cheap car rental rates with national rental companies
- Luau, dinner cruise, snorkel and more! Book all your activities in one place
- From $985 - Island Hopping: Maui & Kauai, 6 Nights w/Air, Hotel, Transfers & Daily Breakfast
- Kauai condos from $106! Save 20%!
- Save up to 50% on your car rental with major USA car companies - Discount Hawaii Car Rental
- From $1,005 - 8 Nt. Oahu & Kauai Vacation w/Air, Hotel, Transfer & Taxes
- Discount Hawaii Car Rental - Jeeps, exotic cars, motorcycles, and more!
- Discount Hawaii Car Rental - guaranteed reservations, no deposit, cancel anytime.
- $675+ Outrigger Kiahuna Plantation: 3-night 1 BR Condo with Air. Includes FREE Hertz mid-size rental, FREE parking PLUS Kids 17 & younger stay FREE.
- Save 20% on your Kauai Vacation Condo
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers