Hawaii Volcanoes National Park is not a theme park. It’s a real earth-kicking, lava-licking natural phenomenon. So don’t expect to find fireproof Star Wars trams bulleting down rivers of scolding hot lava, or a papier mache volcano spitting faux fire, confetti and clowns over the landscape.That would be phony and Volcanoes is anything but phony.
The 333.000-acre park in the south central part of the Big Island is one of the few places in the world where it is possible to see live volcanic action, rivers of blistering hot lava and spectacular explosions when lava hits the sea. It is one of 20 sites in the United States—and the only location in Hawai`i—that has been recognized by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) as a World Heritage site.
- courtesy of 101 Things To Do
- Na Pali Coast, Waimea Canyon, and
- $775+ Hawaii Trips w/Air & FREE Convertible, SUV or Minivan
- Splash into Summer at Aston Hotels from $99!
- Royal Experience Package at Royal Kona Resort from $229/nt
- Over 35 Oahu attractions & activities, 1 LOW PRICE! Save up to 55% now!
- Find your flippers… dive into great deals on Hawaii packages, hotels and cruises!
- Save 25% on your Maui Condo when you add a car to your reservation!
- Enjoy a personal Family Swim at Dolphin Quest Hawaii
- To truly experience Hawaii, you must see it from above! Blue Hawaiian Helicopter tours from $149
- Volcano, waterfall, and rainforest views from above with Blue Hawaiian Helicopters!
- Kailua Glass-Bottom Boat Cruise, just $40
- 3rd Night Free at Royal Kona Resort
- See the LAVA! Big Island Volcano Tours.
- Waikoloa Glass-Bottom Boat Cruise - $27!
- Dolphin Encounter at Dolphin Quest Hawaii from $205
- Get a bird's eye view of Kilauea volcano! Big Island helicopter tours from $196
- Kayak adventures on the Big Island: sea cave exploration, snorkel, encounter dolphins and manta rays, and more!
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers