Mauna Kea is a dormant volcano that last erupted approximately 4000 years ago. Located in the central Big Island, it sits north of Mauna Loa, the world's most massive mountain. At 13,796 feet above sea level and over 33,000 feet from the bottom of the ocean floor, Mauna Kea is the tallest seamountain in the world. The largest astronomical observatory in the world is located at the summit of Mauna Kea. Here international scientists work with a sophisticated array of telescopes to gather data about the vast celestial universe.
The sparsely populated Ka`u District, at the southern tip of the island, is known for its rich environmental diversity. A large chunk of Hawaii Volcanoes National Park is located in this district, as are wind farms, highland forests, the parched Ka`u Desert and enticing black, white and green sand beaches. South Point, at the bottom of the district, is considered the southernmost tip of the United States, and the village of Na`alehu, the southernmost town.
- Free Unlimited Golf in October at Turtle Bay this Golftober.
- Come be a part of history – VIP access is only the beginning
- $639+ Hawaii January Sale –$100 off + FREE Convertible SUV or Minivan Rental
- From $969 - Island Hopping: Big Island & Oahu, 6 Nights w/Air, Hotel, Transfers & Daily Breakfast
- Discount Hawaii Car Rental - guaranteed reservations, no deposit, cancel anytime.
- Royal Kona Experience Package with luau, dinner cruise, daily breakfast & more! $250/nt.
- Kings Land by Hilton Grand Vacations Club - $186
- Volcano Value Rates at Royal Kona Resort from $129
- $639+ Hawaii’s Big Island 3 nights w/Air. Save up to $100 per Booking!
- Honeymoon/Anniversary Special at Royal Kona Resort - FREE Bottle of Champagne
- Make a Play Date with a Dolphin at Dolphin Quest Hawaii or Oahu
- Save up to 50% on your car rental with major USA car companies - Discount Hawaii Car Rental
- Enjoy a personal Family Swim at Dolphin Quest Hawaii
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers