Mauna Kea is a dormant volcano that last erupted approximately 4000 years ago. Located in the central Big Island, it sits north of Mauna Loa, the world's most massive mountain. At 13,796 feet above sea level and over 33,000 feet from the bottom of the ocean floor, Mauna Kea is the tallest seamountain in the world. The largest astronomical observatory in the world is located at the summit of Mauna Kea. Here international scientists work with a sophisticated array of telescopes to gather data about the vast celestial universe.
The sparsely populated Ka`u District, at the southern tip of the island, is known for its rich environmental diversity. A large chunk of Hawaii Volcanoes National Park is located in this district, as are wind farms, highland forests, the parched Ka`u Desert and enticing black, white and green sand beaches. South Point, at the bottom of the district, is considered the southernmost tip of the United States, and the village of Na`alehu, the southernmost town.
- Swim with dolphins without the crowds!
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 4 night Best of the Beach package just $1385
- $615+ Hawaii 5-Night Vacations with Air & Car: Includes $500 Air Credit per Booking!
- From $985 - 6 Nights Island Hopping: Big Island & Maui w/Air, Hotel & Breakfast. Spend 3 Nights in each island.
- Hilton Hawaii Deals - starting at just $169
- Kings Land by Hilton Grand Vacations Club - $186
- Vacation Memory of a Lifetime: Family Swim at Dolphin Quest Hawaii or Oahu
- Luau, dinner cruise, snorkel and more! Book all your activities in one place
- Touch, Swim with, and even Kiss a Dolphin!
- Dolphin Encounter at Dolphin Quest Hawaii from $205
- Save 25% when you add breakfast and car to your stay with Royal Kona Resort
- Royal Kona Experience Package with luau, dinner cruise, daily breakfast & more! $250/nt.
- Make a Play Date with a Dolphin at Dolphin Quest Hawaii or Oahu
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers