Mauna Kea is a dormant volcano that last erupted approximately 4000 years ago. Located in the central Big Island, it sits north of Mauna Loa, the world's most massive mountain. At 13,796 feet above sea level and over 33,000 feet from the bottom of the ocean floor, Mauna Kea is the tallest seamountain in the world. The largest astronomical observatory in the world is located at the summit of Mauna Kea. Here international scientists work with a sophisticated array of telescopes to gather data about the vast celestial universe.
The sparsely populated Ka`u District, at the southern tip of the island, is known for its rich environmental diversity. A large chunk of Hawaii Volcanoes National Park is located in this district, as are wind farms, highland forests, the parched Ka`u Desert and enticing black, white and green sand beaches. South Point, at the bottom of the district, is considered the southernmost tip of the United States, and the village of Na`alehu, the southernmost town.
- $609+ Hawaii Vacations with Air and FREE rental car or transfers
- Over 35 Oahu attractions & activities, 1 LOW PRICE! Save up to 55% now!
- SAVE Manta Ray Snorkel or World’s Only Glass Bottom Manta Watch @ BlueSeaCruisesInc.com 2 Manta tours
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 4 night Best of the Beach package just $1385
- Touch, swim with, or even KISS a dolphin!
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 4-night Romance Package just $1709
- Swim with Dolphins without the crowds!
- Save 20% when you add breakfast to your stay at Royal Kona Resort
- Be a Dolphin Trainer for a Day with Dolphin Quest Hawaii!
- Save 25% when you add breakfast and car to your stay with Royal Kona Resort
- Discount Hawaii Car Rental - Jeeps, exotic cars, motorcycles, and more!
- Free additional driver with Discount Hawaii Car Rental
- Aloha Special Rates at Royal Kona Resort from $139 per night
- Stay at the iconic Volcano House Hotel, perched on the rim of Kilauea caldera
- Honeymoon/Anniversary Special at Royal Kona Resort - FREE Bottle of Champagne
- Touch, Swim with, and even Kiss a Dolphin!
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers