Lava—hot, invincible and irresistibly captivating—continues its stubborn run on the ocean. The impact, when it hits cool sea water at a blistering 2,100 degrees, is staggering.
Lava boat tours have emerged as a hot, new adventure, grabbing the attention of national media as well asvisitors intrigued by the opportunity to get close to the fury and raw beauty of nature from a safe distance.
A 15.5-mile bike ride will get you to the show as will air tours.
By land, it’s possible to see lava flows from a coastline viewing area at the end of Highway 130 in Puna. Though lava flows can be viewed during daylight hours, they are more spectacular after dark.
The restless volcano has left its mark on the Big Island’s air quality. Volcanic smog, or vog, alerts have increased, so visitors with breathing issues need to be aware of air conditions.
- courtesy of 101 Things To Do
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 4 night Best of the Beach package just $1385
- Come be a part of history – VIP access is only the beginning
- Hawaii 3 nights w/ Air – FREE fullsize Car PLUS save up to $100!
- Volcano Value Rates at Royal Kona Resort from $129
- Aloha! Stay at Hilton Waikoloa Village in Hawaii with rates starting at $169 per night!
- Discount Hawaii Car Rental - guaranteed reservations, no deposit, cancel anytime.
- $615+ Royal Kona Resort: 3 nights with Air. Includes FREE fullsize car rental, $100 off PLUS kids 17 and younger stay FREE.
- Guaranteed cheap car rental rates with national rental companies
- Honeymoon/Anniversary Special at Royal Kona Resort - FREE Bottle of Champagne
- Save 20% when you add breakfast to your stay at Royal Kona Resort
- Vacation Memory of a Lifetime: Family Swim at Dolphin Quest Hawaii or Oahu
- Touch, Swim with, and even Kiss a Dolphin!
- From $955 - 6 Nights Island Hopping: Big Island & Maui w/Air, Hotel & Breakfast. Spend 3 Nights in each island.
- Discount Hawaii Car Rental - Jeeps, exotic cars, motorcycles, and more!
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers