All and all, some 7,000 humpback whales could pass through Hawaii’s waters before they get hungry and head back to Alaska. Expect to see them because they aren’t shy about throwing their weight around. They’re out there blowing and breaching, tail slapping and singing, matingand tending their young—enjoying their down time like everyone else.
You can see whales from shore or, for a better view, buy a ticket on almost any tour boat or ocean raft ride and expect to see whales in the wild. If you like your whales by sunset with a cocktail in hand, there are companies that will oblige. You can choose between 150-passenger luxury cruise vessels, 18-passenger high-speed inflatable rafts, catamarans and sail boats.
FYI: You can take a whale watch ride any time of year, and check out the whales who make Hawaii their home. These lower-profile, whale types that are equally intriguing and exciting to observe.
- contributions courtesy of 101 Things To Do
- $575+ Hawaii Vacations with Air & Car
- 50% OFF – 7-Day Maui & Kauai Condo Spring Sale
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - special rates from just $174!
- Swim with dolphins without the crowds!
- Royal Experience Package at Royal Kona Resort from $250/nt
- Stay at the iconic Volcano House Hotel, perched on the rim of Kilauea caldera
- Guaranteed cheap car rental rates with national rental companies
- Save 20% when you add breakfast to your stay at Royal Kona Resort
- Vacation Memory of a Lifetime: Family Swim at Dolphin Quest Hawaii or Oahu
- $975+ The Fairmont Orchid Hawai'i: 3 nights w/Air and FREE Hertz Midsize Rental PLUS kids 18 & younger stay FREE.
- Dolphin Encounter, Guided Snorkel, and Underwater Scooter Ride with Dolphin Quest Hawaii
- Save up to 50% on your car rental with major USA car companies - Discount Hawaii Car Rental
- Be a Dolphin Trainer for a Day with Dolphin Quest Hawaii!
- Make some new friends at Dolphin Quest Hawaii or Oahu
- Discount Hawaii Car Rental - Jeeps, exotic cars, motorcycles, and more!
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers