All and all, some 7,000 humpback whales could pass through Hawaii’s waters before they get hungry and head back to Alaska. Expect to see them because they aren’t shy about throwing their weight around. They’re out there blowing and breaching, tail slapping and singing, matingand tending their young—enjoying their down time like everyone else.
You can see whales from shore or, for a better view, buy a ticket on almost any tour boat or ocean raft ride and expect to see whales in the wild. If you like your whales by sunset with a cocktail in hand, there are companies that will oblige. You can choose between 150-passenger luxury cruise vessels, 18-passenger high-speed inflatable rafts, catamarans and sail boats.
FYI: You can take a whale watch ride any time of year, and check out the whales who make Hawaii their home. These lower-profile, whale types that are equally intriguing and exciting to observe.
- contributions courtesy of 101 Things To Do
- Come be a part of history – VIP access is only the beginning
- $639+ Hawaii January Sale –$100 off + FREE Convertible, SUV or Minivan Rental
- Be a Dolphin Trainer for a Day with Dolphin Quest Hawaii!
- $635+ Hawaii’s Big Island 3 nights w/Air. Save up to $100 per Booking!
- Aloha Special Rates at Royal Kona Resort from $139 per night
- $809+ Hilton Waikoloa Village®: 3 nights with Air. Includes $100 off PLUS kids 18 & under stay FREE.
- Hilton Hawaii Deals - starting at just $169
- Guaranteed cheap car rental rates with national rental companies
- Discount Hawaii Car Rental - Jeeps, exotic cars, motorcycles, and more!
- Save 25% when you add breakfast and car to your stay with Royal Kona Resort
- Touch, Swim with, and even Kiss a Dolphin!
- Discount Hawaii Car Rental - guaranteed reservations, no deposit, cancel anytime.
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers