All and all, some 7,000 humpback whales could pass through Hawaii’s waters before they get hungry and head back to Alaska. Expect to see them because they aren’t shy about throwing their weight around. They’re out there blowing and breaching, tail slapping and singing, matingand tending their young—enjoying their down time like everyone else.
You can see whales from shore or, for a better view, buy a ticket on almost any tour boat or ocean raft ride and expect to see whales in the wild. If you like your whales by sunset with a cocktail in hand, there are companies that will oblige. You can choose between 150-passenger luxury cruise vessels, 18-passenger high-speed inflatable rafts, catamarans and sail boats.
FYI: You can take a whale watch ride any time of year, and check out the whales who make Hawaii their home. These lower-profile, whale types that are equally intriguing and exciting to observe.
- contributions courtesy of 101 Things To Do
- Secluded Maui beach resort, free car, dining credits & more
- $785+ Hawaii Trips w/Air & FREE Convertible, SUV or Minivan
- Na Pali Coast, Waimea Canyon, and "Jurassic Park Falls" views with Blue Hawaiian Helicopters!
- 5th Night FREE at Maui and Kauai condos. Book Now!
- Over 35 Oahu attractions & activities, 1 LOW PRICE! Save up to 55% now!
- Aloha Special Rates at Royal Kona Resort from $125 per night
- Dolphin Encounter, Guided Snorkel, and Underwater Scooter Ride with Dolphin Quest Hawaii
- Be a Dolphin Trainer for a Day with Dolphin Quest Hawaii!
- Make some new friends at Dolphin Quest Hawaii or Oahu
- Midsize car rental in Kona from $240/wk
- Take a submarine tour and experience the beauty of Hawaii below the water!
- $1,135+ Mauna Kea Beach Hotel: 3 nights w/Air and FREE Hertz Convertible, Minivan, Jeep or SUV! PLUS kids 17 & younger stay FREE.
- Reel in the "Big One!" Big Island Sportfishing
- Zipline over a waterfall, rainforest, and more!
- Royal Experience Package at Royal Kona Resort from $229/nt.
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers