All and all, some 7,000 humpback whales could pass through Hawaii’s waters before they get hungry and head back to Alaska. Expect to see them because they aren’t shy about throwing their weight around. They’re out there blowing and breaching, tail slapping and singing, matingand tending their young—enjoying their down time like everyone else.
You can see whales from shore or, for a better view, buy a ticket on almost any tour boat or ocean raft ride and expect to see whales in the wild. If you like your whales by sunset with a cocktail in hand, there are companies that will oblige. You can choose between 150-passenger luxury cruise vessels, 18-passenger high-speed inflatable rafts, catamarans and sail boats.
FYI: You can take a whale watch ride any time of year, and check out the whales who make Hawaii their home. These lower-profile, whale types that are equally intriguing and exciting to observe.
- contributions courtesy of 101 Things To Do
- $565+ Hawaii 3-Night Vacations with Air – FREE Hertz mid-size rental!
- $625+ Royal Kona Resort: 3 nights with Air. Includes FREE Hertz mid-size rental PLUS kids 17 & younger stay FREE.
- Touch, Swim with, and even Kiss a Dolphin!
- Luau, dinner cruise, snorkel and more! Book all your activities in one place
- Guaranteed cheap car rental rates with national rental companies
- $655+ Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa at Keauhou Bay: 3 nights w/Air. Includes FREE Hertz mid-size rental PLUS Kids 17 & under stay FREE!
- Aloha Special Rates at Royal Kona Resort from $139 per night
- Discount Hawaii Car Rental - guaranteed reservations, no deposit, cancel anytime.
- Vacation Memory of a Lifetime: Family Swim at Dolphin Quest Hawaii or Oahu
- Save up to 50% on your car rental with major USA car companies - Discount Hawaii Car Rental
- Save 25% when you add breakfast and car to your stay with Royal Kona Resort
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers