All and all, some 7,000 humpback whales could pass through Hawaii’s waters before they get hungry and head back to Alaska. Expect to see them because they aren’t shy about throwing their weight around. They’re out there blowing and breaching, tail slapping and singing, matingand tending their young—enjoying their down time like everyone else.
You can see whales from shore or, for a better view, buy a ticket on almost any tour boat or ocean raft ride and expect to see whales in the wild. If you like your whales by sunset with a cocktail in hand, there are companies that will oblige. You can choose between 150-passenger luxury cruise vessels, 18-passenger high-speed inflatable rafts, catamarans and sail boats.
FYI: You can take a whale watch ride any time of year, and check out the whales who make Hawaii their home. These lower-profile, whale types that are equally intriguing and exciting to observe.
- contributions courtesy of 101 Things To Do
- $559+ Hawaii 3-Night Vacations with Air – FREE Hertz mid-size rental!
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 4 night Best of the Beach package just $1385
- Swim with dolphins without the crowds!
- Enjoy a personal Family Swim at Dolphin Quest Hawaii
- Touch, Swim with, and even Kiss a Dolphin!
- From $969 - Island Hopping: Big Island & Oahu, 6 Nights w/Air, Hotel, Transfers & Daily Breakfast
- Dolphin Encounter at Dolphin Quest Hawaii from $205
- $789+ Hilton Waikoloa Village®: 3 nights w/Air. Includes FREE Hertz mid-size rental and room upgrade PLUS kids 18 and younger stay FREE!
- Hilton Hawaii Deals - starting at just $169
- Guaranteed cheap car rental rates with national rental companies
- From $985 - 6 Nights Island Hopping: Big Island & Maui w/Air, Hotel & Breakfast. Spend 3 Nights in each island.
- Make some new friends at Dolphin Quest Hawaii or Oahu
- Dolphin Encounter, Guided Snorkel, and Underwater Scooter Ride with Dolphin Quest Hawaii
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers