If you're planning a Big Island shopping spree, or even a window-shopping walk-about, don't expect to hit a mall stocked with Mainland look-alikes. Chain boutiques and most of the larger department stores haven't found their way to this island. What you'll find here is an intriguing market of island-style clothesand one-of-a-kind things.
Finding them could take you on a treasure hunt from one end of the island to the other. Along the way, watch for standard favorites including Kona coffee and macadamia nuts, locally-grown products for which the "Orchid Isle" is world famous. The intricate art of weaving lauhala and coconut leaves is alive and well, with hats, bowls and mats that are beautiful as well as useful. And don't forget the perennial favorites—orchids, anthuriums, and other exotic blooms from the numerous Big Island flower growers.
- courtesy of 101 Things To Do
- Royal Experience Package at Royal Kona Resort from $229/nt
- Splash into Summer at Aston Hotels from $99!
- Find your flippers… dive into great deals on Hawaii packages, hotels and cruises!
- Over 35 Oahu attractions & activities, 1 LOW PRICE! Save up to 55% now!
- Na Pali Coast, Waimea Canyon, and
- Save 25% on your Maui Condo when you add a car to your reservation!
- $775+ Hawaii Trips w/Air & FREE Convertible, SUV or Minivan
- Waikoloa Glass-Bottom Boat Cruise - $27!
- Dolphin Encounter at Dolphin Quest Hawaii from $205
- Make a Play Date with a Dolphin at Dolphin Quest Hawaii or Oahu
- Volcano, waterfall, and rainforest views from above with Blue Hawaiian Helicopters!
- Don't leave Hawaii without trying surfing - lessons for all skill levels.
- Zipline over a waterfall, rainforest, and more!
- Enjoy a personal Family Swim at Dolphin Quest Hawaii
- Aston Waikoloa Colony Villas - $207
- 3rd Night Free at Royal Kona Resort
- Swim with Dolphins without the crowds!
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers