Biking the Big Island’s roadways and scenic backcountry is a great way to not leave carbon emissions in the atmosphere. You may find a guided bike tour that travels into deep valleys, over mountains, to waterfalls and may combine biking with hiking, sailing and snorkeling. A tour mayeven take you to a spot to see streams of lava sizzle into the sea – given the volcano is flowing.
There are many places on Hawaii to rent a bike, get a map and supplies and set out at your own pace. Bike rental spots abound in resort and towns, with the basic cruiser types being the most popular. You can also rent mountain bikes and performance road bikes.
If you’re a veteran biking enthusiast, it wouldn’t hurt to bring along your multi-tool, a light (at least “be seen” lights) and a bag. Can you pack your helmet? It’s not always a sure thing to get one with your rental. You can find bikes all over the Island, so hop on and head out for a green way to explore Hawaii.
- Come be a part of history – VIP access is only the beginning
- $565+ Hawaii 3-Night Vacations with Air – FREE Hertz mid-size rental!
- Save up to 40% off on Top Hotels in Hawaii at Jetsetter.com!
- Free Unlimited Golf in October at Turtle Bay this Golftober.
- Free Unlimited Golf in October for guests of Turtle Bay - Play as many rounds as you want on either of our championship courses!
- $655+ Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa at Keauhou Bay: 3 nights w/Air. Includes FREE Hertz mid-size rental PLUS Kids 17 & under stay FREE!
- Honeymoon/Anniversary Special at Royal Kona Resort - FREE Bottle of Champagne
- $625+ Royal Kona Resort: 3 nights with Air. Includes FREE Hertz mid-size rental PLUS kids 17 & younger stay FREE.
- Vacation Memory of a Lifetime: Family Swim at Dolphin Quest Hawaii or Oahu
- Dolphin Encounter at Dolphin Quest Hawaii from $205
- Save 20% when you add breakfast to your stay at Royal Kona Resort
- Touch, Swim with, and even Kiss a Dolphin!
- Save 25% when you add breakfast and car to your stay with Royal Kona Resort
- Royal Kona Experience Package with luau, dinner cruise, daily breakfast & more! $250/nt.
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers