Biking the Big Island’s roadways and scenic backcountry is a great way to not leave carbon emissions in the atmosphere. You may find a guided bike tour that travels into deep valleys, over mountains, to waterfalls and may combine biking with hiking, sailing and snorkeling. A tour mayeven take you to a spot to see streams of lava sizzle into the sea – given the volcano is flowing.
There are many places on Hawaii to rent a bike, get a map and supplies and set out at your own pace. Bike rental spots abound in resort and towns, with the basic cruiser types being the most popular. You can also rent mountain bikes and performance road bikes.
If you’re a veteran biking enthusiast, it wouldn’t hurt to bring along your multi-tool, a light (at least “be seen” lights) and a bag. Can you pack your helmet? It’s not always a sure thing to get one with your rental. You can find bikes all over the Island, so hop on and head out for a green way to explore Hawaii.
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 4 night Best of the Beach package just $1385
- Swim with dolphins without the crowds!
- $525+ Hawaii Vacations: 3 Nights with Air & FREE Convertible Rental
- Save up to 50% on your car rental with major USA car companies - Discount Hawaii Car Rental
- Aloha Special Reduced Rates starting at $149/night
- Hilton Hawaii Deals - starting at just $169
- Free additional driver with Discount Hawaii Car Rental
- Be a Dolphin Trainer for a Day with Dolphin Quest Hawaii!
- Make a Play Date with a Dolphin at Dolphin Quest Hawaii or Oahu
- Dolphin Encounter, Guided Snorkel, and Underwater Scooter Ride with Dolphin Quest Hawaii
- Enjoy a personal Family Swim at Dolphin Quest Hawaii
- Vacation Memory of a Lifetime: Family Swim at Dolphin Quest Hawaii or Oahu
- From $939 - Island Hopping: Big Island & Oahu, 6 Nights w/Air, Hotel, Transfers, Daily Breakfast & Taxes
- Hilton Grand Vacations Club at Waikoloa Beach Resort - $305
- Aloha! Stay at Hilton Waikoloa Village in Hawaii with rates starting at $169 per night!
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers