Biking the Big Island’s roadways and scenic backcountry is a great way to not leave carbon emissions in the atmosphere. You may find a guided bike tour that travels into deep valleys, over mountains, to waterfalls and may combine biking with hiking, sailing and snorkeling. A tour mayeven take you to a spot to see streams of lava sizzle into the sea – given the volcano is flowing.
There are many places on Hawaii to rent a bike, get a map and supplies and set out at your own pace. Bike rental spots abound in resort and towns, with the basic cruiser types being the most popular. You can also rent mountain bikes and performance road bikes.
If you’re a veteran biking enthusiast, it wouldn’t hurt to bring along your multi-tool, a light (at least “be seen” lights) and a bag. Can you pack your helmet? It’s not always a sure thing to get one with your rental. You can find bikes all over the Island, so hop on and head out for a green way to explore Hawaii.
- 50% OFF – 7-Day Maui & Kauai Condo Spring Sale
- $639+ Hawaii Vacations with Air & Car
- Swim with dolphins without the crowds!
- Dolphin Encounter at Dolphin Quest Hawaii from $205
- $939+ Hilton Waikoloa Village®: 3 nights w/Air and FREE Hertz Midsize Rental. PLUS kids 18 and younger stay FREE!
- Swim with Dolphins without the crowds!
- Vacation Memory of a Lifetime: Family Swim at Dolphin Quest Hawaii or Oahu
- Discount Hawaii Car Rental - guaranteed reservations, no deposit, cancel anytime.
- Be a Dolphin Trainer for a Day with Dolphin Quest Hawaii!
- Guaranteed cheap car rental rates with national rental companies
- Touch, Swim with, and even Kiss a Dolphin!
- Make a Play Date with a Dolphin at Dolphin Quest Hawaii or Oahu
- From $1,139 - Island Hopping: Big Island & Oahu, 6 Nights w/Air, Hotel, Transfers & Daily Breakfast
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers