Biking the Big Island’s roadways and scenic backcountry is a great way to not leave carbon emissions in the atmosphere. You may find a guided bike tour that travels into deep valleys, over mountains, to waterfalls and may combine biking with hiking, sailing and snorkeling. A tour mayeven take you to a spot to see streams of lava sizzle into the sea – given the volcano is flowing.
There are many places on Hawaii to rent a bike, get a map and supplies and set out at your own pace. Bike rental spots abound in resort and towns, with the basic cruiser types being the most popular. You can also rent mountain bikes and performance road bikes.
If you’re a veteran biking enthusiast, it wouldn’t hurt to bring along your multi-tool, a light (at least “be seen” lights) and a bag. Can you pack your helmet? It’s not always a sure thing to get one with your rental. You can find bikes all over the Island, so hop on and head out for a green way to explore Hawaii.
- Aloha Special Rates at Royal Lahaina Resort from $169/night
- Over 35 Oahu attractions & activities, 1 LOW PRICE! Save up to 55% now!
- $909+ Hawaii Trips w/Air & FREE Convertible, SUV or Minivan
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 5 night Romance Package just $2095
- Meet a Dolphin Face-to-Face with Dolphin Quest Hawaii
- Touch, Swim with, and even Kiss a Dolphin!
- Aston Waikoloa Colony Villas - $207
- Be a Dolphin Trainer for a Day with Dolphin Quest Hawaii!
- $1,369+ Mauna Kea Beach Hotel: 3 nights w/Air and FREE Hertz Convertible, Minivan, Jeep or SUV! PLUS kids 17 & younger stay FREE.
- $1,029+ Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort & Spa: 3 nights w/Air and FREE Hertz Convertible, Minivan, Jeep or SUV! Kids 17 & younger stay FREE.
- 3rd Night Free at Royal Kona Resort
- Kayak adventures on the Big Island: sea cave exploration, snorkel, encounter dolphins and manta rays, and more!
- $999+ Castle Halii Kai at Waikoloa: 3-night 2-BR Condo w/Air. FREE parking & Wi-Fi, kids 17 & under stay FREE! Get a FREE upgrade on a Hertz rental.
- Kailua Glass-Bottom Boat Cruise, just $40
- Get a bird's eye view of Kilauea volcano! Big Island helicopter tours from $196
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers