Biking the Big Island’s roadways and scenic backcountry is a great way to not leave carbon emissions in the atmosphere. You may find a guided bike tour that travels into deep valleys, over mountains, to waterfalls and may combine biking with hiking, sailing and snorkeling. A tour mayeven take you to a spot to see streams of lava sizzle into the sea – given the volcano is flowing.
There are many places on Hawaii to rent a bike, get a map and supplies and set out at your own pace. Bike rental spots abound in resort and towns, with the basic cruiser types being the most popular. You can also rent mountain bikes and performance road bikes.
If you’re a veteran biking enthusiast, it wouldn’t hurt to bring along your multi-tool, a light (at least “be seen” lights) and a bag. Can you pack your helmet? It’s not always a sure thing to get one with your rental. You can find bikes all over the Island, so hop on and head out for a green way to explore Hawaii.
- Swim with dolphins without the crowds!
- $559+ Hawaii 3-Night Vacations with Air – FREE Hertz mid-size rental!
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 4 night Best of the Beach package just $1385
- Guaranteed cheap car rental rates with national rental companies
- Hilton Grand Vacations Club at Waikoloa Beach Resort - $305
- $615+ Royal Kona Resort: 3 nights with Air. Includes FREE Hertz mid-size rental PLUS kids 17 & younger stay FREE.
- Honeymoon/Anniversary Special at Royal Kona Resort - FREE Bottle of Champagne
- Enjoy a personal Family Swim at Dolphin Quest Hawaii
- Make some new friends at Dolphin Quest Hawaii or Oahu
- Free additional driver with Discount Hawaii Car Rental
- Hilton Hawaii Deals - starting at just $169
- From $985 - 6 Nights Island Hopping: Big Island & Maui w/Air, Hotel & Breakfast. Spend 3 Nights in each island.
- Be a Dolphin Trainer for a Day with Dolphin Quest Hawaii!
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers