It’s easy to understand why air tours are one of the most popular activities in Hawaii. There may be no better way to view the sheer scope of the Big Island than from above. On a tour from above, you’ll see hidden tropical valleys and waterfalls,secluded beaches, vertical forests, tiny villages and of course, an unprecedented view of Kilauea's lava flows. One never knows when she’ll spit, sputter, or shout, so there's no guarantee you'll see a lava fountain on your air tour. But you should be able to count on a bird's eye view of rivers of lava burning across the barren landscape on their way to an explosion with the sea.
Also on the tour itinerary is Mauna Kea, a dormant volcano located in the central part of the island, north of Mauna Loa. Fly comfortably in a fixed-wing air craft and view the dramatic landscapes while you hear a narration of what landmarks and historical sites below.
The aerial view of the Hamakua Coast from Hilo to Waipi`o Valley is truly magical, where you can expect to see Eden, if not paradise. Tours may depart from Kailua-Kona or Hilo and you may even be able to schedule a night flight to see the lava glowing.
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 4 night Best of the Beach package just $1385
- Swim with dolphins without the crowds!
- $525+ Hawaii Vacations: 3 Nights with Air & FREE Convertible Rental
- Save up to 50% on your car rental with major USA car companies - Discount Hawaii Car Rental
- Aloha Special Reduced Rates starting at $149/night
- Hilton Hawaii Deals - starting at just $169
- Vacation Memory of a Lifetime: Family Swim at Dolphin Quest Hawaii or Oahu
- Touch, Swim with, and even Kiss a Dolphin!
- Royal Kona Experience Package with luau, dinner cruise, daily breakfast & more! $250/nt.
- Kings Land by Hilton Grand Vacations Club - $186
- $685+ Hawaii’s Big Island 3 nights with Air and Car. Includes FREE Convertible or Luxury Car Rental.
- Free additional driver with Discount Hawaii Car Rental
- Make some new friends at Dolphin Quest Hawaii or Oahu
- Stay at the iconic Volcano House Hotel, perched on the rim of Kilauea caldera
- Be a Dolphin Trainer for a Day with Dolphin Quest Hawaii!
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers