Planning Your Vacation
Discover why the six Islands of Aloha are home to treasures unlike any other on earth: The dramatic cliffs of the Napali Coast on Kauai. The vibrant shores of Waikiki Beach on Oahu. The miles of white sands of Papohaku Beach on Molokai. The dolphin friendly waters of Hulopoe Bayon Lanai. The summit of Haleakala on Maui. The primal energy of Hawaii Volcanoes National Park on Hawaii's Big Island. It won’t be easy choosing which island to visit on your trip to Hawaii, but you’ll find there are no wrong answers.
You’ll likely begin your adventure at Honolulu International Airport (HNL) on Oahu. This is Hawaii's major airport, serving as the entry point for most of Hawaii's visitors. All major domestic carriers and many international carriers serve Oahu, so you can get here from just about anywhere. There are also direct flights from the U.S. mainland to Maui, Kauai, and Hawaii's Big Island, but for the most part, you may need to connect through Oahu to get to the neighbor islands including Lanai and Molokai.
Then breathe deep. Smell the fresh plumeria in the air. Visit the historic landmarks of Hawaii and learn about the rich culture of the islands. Explore off-the-beaten-path destinations, from hidden beaches to small towns that you won’t find on a postcard. Learn to surf, snorkel or kayak and earn your Hawaii suntan. And don’t forget to go to an authentic luau where you can get a taste of Hawaiian culture and watch the art of the hula.
You’ll find the itineraries in Hawaii are endless. From romantic escapades to family fun; from whale watching to walking on a volcano; you can do it all or you can simply sit back and do nothing. Explore Hawaii’s six unique islands and you’re sure to find your first trip to Hawaii won’t be your last.
And if you're looking for some help with deciding which island to visit, be sure to check out our Hawaii.com Paradise Tool. Just answer a few questions about what you're looking for in your Hawaiian vacation and it will recommend which island would be the best fit for you!
- Royal Kona Experience Package with luau, dinner cruise, daily breakfast & more! $250/nt.
- Free additional driver with Discount Hawaii Car Rental
- Discount Hawaii Car Rental - Jeeps, exotic cars, motorcycles, and more!
- $749+ Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa at Keauhou Bay: 3 nights w/Air and FREE Hertz Midsize Rental. PLUS Kids 17 & under stay FREE!
- $875+ Hilton Waikoloa Village®: 3 nights w/Air and FREE Hertz Midsize Rental. PLUS kids 18 and younger stay FREE!
- Swim with Dolphins without the crowds!
- Courtyard Marriott - Get 20% Off* when you book and pay at least 14 days in advance! Book Early, Save Big.
- Discount Hawaii Car Rental - guaranteed reservations, no deposit, cancel anytime.
- Save 20% when you add breakfast to your stay at Royal Kona Resort
- Make some new friends at Dolphin Quest Hawaii or Oahu
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers
- $1,099+ Hawaii 4-Star Vacations w/Air, Breakfast & Extras
- SAVE Manta Ray Snorkel or World’s Only Glass Bottom Manta Watch @ BlueSeaCruisesInc.com 2 Manta tours
- $130 & Up - 350+ Maui & Kauai Condos 35% OFF in March or April
- Over 35 Oahu attractions & activities, 1 LOW PRICE! Save up to 55% now!
- Aloha Special Rates at Royal Lahaina Resort from $179/night