Hilo, curving gracefully around the rim of Hilo Bay, is a poignant reminder of the days when sugar dominated the economy and life was dictated by its demands. Nestled on the slopes of three volcanoes, one busily churning out acres of lava, it is the island’s seat ofgovernment and the site of the University of Hawaii’s Hilo branch.
Home to a famous Farmer’s Market, Hilo is also known for its art galleries including the East Hawaii Cultural Center. Hilo has also made its mark on the fashion scene with famous resident Sig Zane. Strolling Hilo’s nostalgic storefronts, restaurants, galleries and cultural sites make for a fascinating day.
|2013 Merrie Monarch Festival Winners||Imiloa Astronomy Center|
|Rainbow Falls||The History of the Merrie Monarch|
- Over 35 Oahu attractions & activities, 1 LOW PRICE! Save up to 55% now!
- Royal Experience Package at Royal Kona Resort from $229/nt
- Save up to 40% plus complimentary breakfast at Starwood Resorts in Hawaii!
- $525+ Hawaii Winter Vacation Sale: 3 nights with air!
- Meet a Dolphin Face-to-Face with Dolphin Quest Hawaii
- Swim with Dolphins without the crowds!
- Save up to 50% on your car rental with major USA car companies - Discount Hawaii Car Rental
- Get a bird's eye view of Kilauea volcano! Big Island helicopter tours from $196
- Guaranteed cheap car rental rates with national rental companies
- Save up to 20% by pre-purchasing breakfast at Royal Kona Resort
- $839+ Hilton Waikoloa Village®: 3 nights w/Air and FREE one-category Hertz Rental Upgrade. PLUS kids 18 and younger stay FREE!
- Make a Play Date with a Dolphin at Dolphin Quest Hawaii or Oahu
- Experience the REAL Hawaii with Blue Hawaiian Helicopters. Tours from $149
- $709+ Royal Kona Resort: 3 nights w/Air and FREE one-category Hertz Rental Upgrade. PLUS kids 17 & younger stay FREE.
- Be a Dolphin Trainer for a Day with Dolphin Quest Hawaii!
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers