Google is partnering with The Catlin Seaview Survey, a major scientific study of the world’s reefs, to make these amazing images available to millions of people through the Street View feature of Google Maps. The Catlin Seaview Survey used a specially designed underwater camera, the SVII, to capture these photos.
Below is the underwater view for Molokini, a crescent-shaped, partially submerged volcanic crater which forms a small islet located in Alalakeiki Channel between the islands of Maui and Kahoʻolawe (Wikipedia). It is one of the top 10 dive spots in the world. If you place the mouse pointer on top of the image, click and hold you can drag the view around to see 360 degree views. (Tip: Click the top right corner of the image to view in full screen!)
View Larger Map
- Aston Paki Maui - $149
- Save 25% on your Kauai Vacation Condo
- Royal Experience Package at Royal Kona Resort from $229/nt.
- $1,295+ Four Seasons Resort Lanai at Manele Bay: 4 nights with air. Includes 4th night FREE. Kids 18 & younger stay FREE.
- Oahu sightseeing tours - let someone else do the driving.
- You must do a LUAU! Fire knife dancers, hula dancers, mai tais, lots of food, and more! Pick one here.
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 4 night Best of the Beach package just $1415
- Aston Waikiki Beach Tower - $607
- From $1,749 - Oahu & Lanai Island Hopping 6 Nights Incl. Air, Transfers & Daily Breakfast. Choose your favorite hotel for your stay!
- Na Pali Coast, Waimea Canyon, and "Jurassic Park Falls" views with Blue Hawaiian Helicopters!
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers