Google is partnering with The Catlin Seaview Survey, a major scientific study of the world’s reefs, to make these amazing images available to millions of people through the Street View feature of Google Maps. The Catlin Seaview Survey used a specially designed underwater camera, the SVII, to capture these photos.
Below is the underwater view for Molokini, a crescent-shaped, partially submerged volcanic crater which forms a small islet located in Alalakeiki Channel between the islands of Maui and Kahoʻolawe (Wikipedia). It is one of the top 10 dive spots in the world. If you place the mouse pointer on top of the image, click and hold you can drag the view around to see 360 degree views. (Tip: Click the top right corner of the image to view in full screen!)
View Larger Map
- Swim with Dolphins without the crowds!
- From $1,357 - Hyatt Hotel in Maui 5-Night Package incl. Airfare, Hyatt Hotel Stay, Breakfast & Taxes
- Escape the ordinary at the luxurious Hotel Wailea Maui
- Royal Kona Experience Package with luau, dinner cruise, daily breakfast & more! $250/nt.
- Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort - $269
- Make a Play Date with a Dolphin at Dolphin Quest Hawaii or Oahu
- From $1,257 - Oahu, Maui, Kona & Hilo 8-Night Self-Drive Package w/Air, Car Rental & Hotels
- $735+ Moana Surfrider - A Westin Resort & Spa: 3 Nights with Air, FREE Midsize Car Rental, daily breakfast for 2 & more!
- $679+ Hotel Molokai: 3 nights with air. Includes reduced rate.
- $585+ Kauai 3 nights with Air and Car. Includes FREE Midsize Car Rental.
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers