Google is partnering with The Catlin Seaview Survey, a major scientific study of the world’s reefs, to make these amazing images available to millions of people through the Street View feature of Google Maps. The Catlin Seaview Survey used a specially designed underwater camera, the SVII, to capture these photos.
Below is the underwater view for Molokini, a crescent-shaped, partially submerged volcanic crater which forms a small islet located in Alalakeiki Channel between the islands of Maui and Kahoʻolawe (Wikipedia). It is one of the top 10 dive spots in the world. If you place the mouse pointer on top of the image, click and hold you can drag the view around to see 360 degree views. (Tip: Click the top right corner of the image to view in full screen!)
View Larger Map
- Hotel Lanai, Hawaii’s best little inn - $145
- Stay at the Kauai Sands Hotel - Hawaii's Best Oceanfront Value - $79
- Contemporary boutique hotel 1 block from Waikiki Beach, Aqua Palms Waikiki
- Enjoy a personal Family Swim at Dolphin Quest Hawaii
- From $1,155 - 8 Nt. Oahu & Maui Package w/Air, Hotel, Transfer & Taxes
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 5 night Romance Package just $1709
- 20% Off at Aqua Waikiki Pearl
- Soundproof rooms, Jacuzzi tubs, continental breakfast and more at Aqua Waikiki Joy Hotel - $132
- $1,095+ Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa: 3 nights with Air and FREE Hertz Midsize Rental PLUS kids 18 & younger stay FREE.
- From $1,139 - Island Hopping: Big Island & Oahu, 6 Nights w/Air, Hotel, Transfers & Daily Breakfast
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers