Google is partnering with The Catlin Seaview Survey, a major scientific study of the world’s reefs, to make these amazing images available to millions of people through the Street View feature of Google Maps. The Catlin Seaview Survey used a specially designed underwater camera, the SVII, to capture these photos.
Below is the underwater view for Molokini, a crescent-shaped, partially submerged volcanic crater which forms a small islet located in Alalakeiki Channel between the islands of Maui and Kahoʻolawe (Wikipedia). It is one of the top 10 dive spots in the world. If you place the mouse pointer on top of the image, click and hold you can drag the view around to see 360 degree views. (Tip: Click the top right corner of the image to view in full screen!)
View Larger Map
- 20% Off at Aqua Waikiki Pearl
- Luau, dinner cruise, snorkel and more! Book all your activities in one place
- Luana Waikiki, a contemporary boutique hotel located just a short stroll from Waikiki Beach - $119
- Aloha Special Rates at Royal Lahaina Resort from $179 per night
- Kids Aquatic Adventure at Dolphin Quest Oahu from $275
- DoubleTree by Hilton Alana Waikiki Hotel - $249
- Stay at the Kauai Sands Hotel - Hawaii's Best Oceanfront Value - $79
- Make some new friends at Dolphin Quest Hawaii or Oahu
- $625+ Hawaii’s Big Island 3 nights w/Air. Includes FREE Hertz mid-size rental!
- $655+ Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa at Keauhou Bay: 3 nights w/Air. Includes FREE Hertz mid-size rental PLUS Kids 17 & under stay FREE!
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers