Google is partnering with The Catlin Seaview Survey, a major scientific study of the world’s reefs, to make these amazing images available to millions of people through the Street View feature of Google Maps. The Catlin Seaview Survey used a specially designed underwater camera, the SVII, to capture these photos.
Below is the underwater view for Molokini, a crescent-shaped, partially submerged volcanic crater which forms a small islet located in Alalakeiki Channel between the islands of Maui and Kahoʻolawe (Wikipedia). It is one of the top 10 dive spots in the world. If you place the mouse pointer on top of the image, click and hold you can drag the view around to see 360 degree views. (Tip: Click the top right corner of the image to view in full screen!)
View Larger Map
- Be a Dolphin Trainer for a Day with Dolphin Quest Hawaii!
- Stay at the Kauai Sands Hotel - Hawaii's Best Oceanfront Value - $79
- Save 20% when you add breakfast & car to your stay at Royal Lahaina Resort
- $879+ The Royal Hawaiian - A Luxury Collection Resort: 3 nights w/air & FREE roundtrip transfers. Includes breakfast and More!
- Iconic Waikiki vistas & vintage hospitality at the Aqua Ilikai Hotel and Suites - $158
- Park Shore Waikiki offers you beachfront location without the beachfront prices!
- $835+ Moana Surfrider - A Westin Resort & Spa: 3 nights w/air and FREE roundtrip transfers, daily breakfast, two mai tais daily and More!
- Courtyard Marriott - Get 20% Off* when you book and pay at least 14 days in advance! Book Early, Save Big.
- $609+ Waikiki / Oahu: 3-night vacations with FREE roundtrip transfers
- $785+ Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach: 3 nights with air. No Resort Fee, internet access PLUS kids 17 and younger stay FREE. Book now!
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers