Google is partnering with The Catlin Seaview Survey, a major scientific study of the world’s reefs, to make these amazing images available to millions of people through the Street View feature of Google Maps. The Catlin Seaview Survey used a specially designed underwater camera, the SVII, to capture these photos.
Below is the underwater view for Molokini, a crescent-shaped, partially submerged volcanic crater which forms a small islet located in Alalakeiki Channel between the islands of Maui and Kahoʻolawe (Wikipedia). It is one of the top 10 dive spots in the world. If you place the mouse pointer on top of the image, click and hold you can drag the view around to see 360 degree views. (Tip: Click the top right corner of the image to view in full screen!)
View Larger Map
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort - $249
- Breathtaking views at Honolulu's tallest hotel, Aqua Skyline at Island Colony - just $89
- Enjoy a Dolphin Duo package for 2 at Dolphin Quest Oahu
- Touch, Swim with, and even Kiss a Dolphin!
- From $875 - Oahu & Kauai Island Hopping 6 Nights Incl. Air, Transfers & Breakfast. Choose your favorite hotel for your stay!
- Dolphin Encounter at Dolphin Quest Hawaii from $205
- $769+ Sheraton Waikiki: 3 Nights w/Air & Car. Includes FREE Convertible or Luxury Rental PLUS kids 17 & younger stay FREE!
- Aqua Lotus, incl. evening wine service, cruiser bikes, yoga, and more - $199
- Hotel Lanai, Hawaii’s best little inn - $145
- $685+ Hawaii’s Big Island 3 nights with Air and Car. Includes FREE Convertible or Luxury Car Rental.
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers