Google is partnering with The Catlin Seaview Survey, a major scientific study of the world’s reefs, to make these amazing images available to millions of people through the Street View feature of Google Maps. The Catlin Seaview Survey used a specially designed underwater camera, the SVII, to capture these photos.
Below is the underwater view for Molokini, a crescent-shaped, partially submerged volcanic crater which forms a small islet located in Alalakeiki Channel between the islands of Maui and Kahoʻolawe (Wikipedia). It is one of the top 10 dive spots in the world. If you place the mouse pointer on top of the image, click and hold you can drag the view around to see 360 degree views. (Tip: Click the top right corner of the image to view in full screen!)
View Larger Map
- Kids Aquatic Adventure at Dolphin Quest Oahu from $275
- Kauai Condo/Car Packages from as low as $129!
- Enjoy a Dolphin Duo package for 2 at Dolphin Quest Oahu
- Swim with Dolphins without the crowds!
- Dolphin Encounter, Guided Snorkel, and Underwater Scooter Ride with Dolphin Quest Hawaii
- From $1,018 - 8 Nt. Oahu & Kauai Vacation w/Air, Hotel, Transfer & Taxes
- From $1,093 - 8 Nt. Oahu & Maui Package w/Air, Hotel, Transfer & Taxes
- From $889 - Oahu & Maui Island Hopping 6 Nights Incl. Air, Transfers & Daily Breakfast. Choose your favorite hotel for your stay!
- Soundproof rooms, Jacuzzi tubs, continental breakfast and more at Aqua Waikiki Joy Hotel - $132
- Contemporary boutique hotel 1 block from Waikiki Beach, Aqua Palms Waikiki
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers