Google is partnering with The Catlin Seaview Survey, a major scientific study of the world’s reefs, to make these amazing images available to millions of people through the Street View feature of Google Maps. The Catlin Seaview Survey used a specially designed underwater camera, the SVII, to capture these photos.
Below is the underwater view for Molokini, a crescent-shaped, partially submerged volcanic crater which forms a small islet located in Alalakeiki Channel between the islands of Maui and Kahoʻolawe (Wikipedia). It is one of the top 10 dive spots in the world. If you place the mouse pointer on top of the image, click and hold you can drag the view around to see 360 degree views. (Tip: Click the top right corner of the image to view in full screen!)
View Larger Map
- Save 25% when you add breakfast and car to your stay with Royal Kona Resort
- Stay at the Kauai Sands Hotel - Hawaii's Best Oceanfront Value - $79
- Aloha Special Rates at Royal Kona Resort from $139 per night
- Hokulani Waikiki by Hilton Grand Vacations Club - $286
- Hotel Lanai, Hawaii’s best little inn - $145
- $825+ Castle Molokai Shores: 3 nights with air. One-Bedroom Ocean View Suite. Kids 17 & younger stay FREE.
- Dolphin Encounter at Dolphin Quest Oahu from $225
- From $987 - Oahu & Maui Island Hopping 6 Nights Incl. Air, Transfers & Daily Breakfast. Choose your favorite hotel for your stay!
- Maui Condo/Car packages from as low as $137/day
- Aloha Special Rates at Royal Lahaina Resort from $179 per night
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers