Google is partnering with The Catlin Seaview Survey, a major scientific study of the world’s reefs, to make these amazing images available to millions of people through the Street View feature of Google Maps. The Catlin Seaview Survey used a specially designed underwater camera, the SVII, to capture these photos.
Below is the underwater view for Molokini, a crescent-shaped, partially submerged volcanic crater which forms a small islet located in Alalakeiki Channel between the islands of Maui and Kahoʻolawe (Wikipedia). It is one of the top 10 dive spots in the world. If you place the mouse pointer on top of the image, click and hold you can drag the view around to see 360 degree views. (Tip: Click the top right corner of the image to view in full screen!)
View Larger Map
- Bike down a volcano on Maui!
- From $1,189 - 8 Nt. Oahu & Kauai Vacation w/Air, Hotel, Transfer & Taxes
- Don't leave Hawaii without trying surfing - lessons for all skill levels.
- Get a bird's eye view of Haleakala crater! Maui helicopter tours from $149
- Kids Aquatic Adventure at Dolphin Quest Oahu from $275
- $749+ Royal Lahaina Resort: 3 nights w/Air and FREE one-category Hertz Rental Upgrade. PLUS, kids 17 & younger stay FREE.
- Take a guided kayak tour in Kauai's pristine waters.
- $709+ Sheraton Kauai Resort: 3-night Condo w/Air Includes EXCLUSIVE rate PLUS kids 17 & under stay FREE.
- Add a little adventure to your vacation - Kauai Zipline Tours
- Reel in the 'Big One.' Maui Sportfishing
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers