Google is partnering with The Catlin Seaview Survey, a major scientific study of the world’s reefs, to make these amazing images available to millions of people through the Street View feature of Google Maps. The Catlin Seaview Survey used a specially designed underwater camera, the SVII, to capture these photos.
Below is the underwater view for Molokini, a crescent-shaped, partially submerged volcanic crater which forms a small islet located in Alalakeiki Channel between the islands of Maui and Kahoʻolawe (Wikipedia). It is one of the top 10 dive spots in the world. If you place the mouse pointer on top of the image, click and hold you can drag the view around to see 360 degree views. (Tip: Click the top right corner of the image to view in full screen!)
View Larger Map
- Park Shore Waikiki offers you beachfront location without the beachfront prices!
- $645+ Royal Kona Resort: 3 nights with air and car. Includes FREE fullsize car rental PLUS kids 17 and younger stay FREE.
- Breathtaking views at Honolulu's tallest hotel, Aqua Skyline at Island Colony - just $89
- 20% Off at Aqua Waikiki Wave
- $669+ Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa at Keauhou Bay: 3 nights with air and car. Includes FREE fullsize car rental PLUS Kids 17 & under stay FREE!
- Iconic Waikiki vistas & vintage hospitality at the Aqua Ilikai Hotel and Suites - $158
- Kauai Beach Resort - monthly art & wine events and free airport and golf shuttle - $119
- Luana Waikiki, a contemporary boutique hotel located just a short stroll from Waikiki Beach - $119
- $869+ The Westin Maui Resort & Spa: 3 Nights with air and car. Includes FREE fullsize car rental, breakfast for 2, resort credits & more!
- Be a Dolphin Trainer for a Day with Dolphin Quest Hawaii!
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers