Google is partnering with The Catlin Seaview Survey, a major scientific study of the world’s reefs, to make these amazing images available to millions of people through the Street View feature of Google Maps. The Catlin Seaview Survey used a specially designed underwater camera, the SVII, to capture these photos.
Below is the underwater view for Molokini, a crescent-shaped, partially submerged volcanic crater which forms a small islet located in Alalakeiki Channel between the islands of Maui and Kahoʻolawe (Wikipedia). It is one of the top 10 dive spots in the world. If you place the mouse pointer on top of the image, click and hold you can drag the view around to see 360 degree views. (Tip: Click the top right corner of the image to view in full screen!)
View Larger Map
- Hilton Waikiki Beach - $170
- Save 25% when you add breakfast and car to your stay with Royal Kona Resort
- From $1,099 - Hyatt Hotel in Maui 5-Night Package incl. Airfare, Hyatt Hotel Stay, Breakfast & Taxes
- Aqua Lotus, incl. evening wine service, cruiser bikes, yoga, and more - $199
- $1,105+ Grand Wailea: 3 nights with air and car. Includes FREE fullsize car rental PLUS kids 17 and younger stay FREE!
- Kids Aquatic Adventure at Dolphin Quest Oahu from $275
- $759+ Sheraton Waikiki: 3 nights with air and car. FREE fullsize car rental PLUS kids 17 and younger stay FREE!
- 5th Night FREE at Hotel Molokai - a genuine hideaway from all things mainstream
- Enjoy a Dolphin Duo package for 2 at Dolphin Quest Oahu
- From $1,124 - 8 Nt. Oahu & Maui Package w/Air, Hotel, Transfer & Taxes
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers