Google is partnering with The Catlin Seaview Survey, a major scientific study of the world’s reefs, to make these amazing images available to millions of people through the Street View feature of Google Maps. The Catlin Seaview Survey used a specially designed underwater camera, the SVII, to capture these photos.
Below is the underwater view for Hanauma Bay, one of the most popular tourist destinations on the island of Oahu and has suffered somewhat from overuse. (Wikipedia). If you place the mouse pointer on top of the image, click and hold you can drag the view around to see 360 degree views. (Tip: Click the top right corner of the image to view in full screen!)
View Larger Map
- Whale Watch Package - from the land and from the sea!
- $785+ Sheraton Kauai Resort Vacations w/Air and FREE Hertz Convertible, Minivan, Jeep or SUV! Kids 17 & younger stay FREE.
- Enjoy a Dolphin Duo package for 2 at Dolphin Quest Oahu
- Compact car rentals on Oahu from $261/wk
- From $575 – Waikiki / Oahu Vacations: 3 nights w/air. Get a FREE one-category upgrade when you book a Hertz rental.
- Be a Dolphin Trainer for a Day with Dolphin Quest Hawaii!
- Compact car rentals in Kona from $209/wk
- Reel in the "Big One!" Big Island Sportfishing
- Diamond Head Crater, Hanauma Bay, and Koolau Mountain views with Blue Hawaiian Helicopters!
- Experience the REAL Hawaii with Blue Hawaiian Helicopters. Tours from $149
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers