Google is partnering with The Catlin Seaview Survey, a major scientific study of the world’s reefs, to make these amazing images available to millions of people through the Street View feature of Google Maps. The Catlin Seaview Survey used a specially designed underwater camera, the SVII, to capture these photos.
Below is the underwater view for Hanauma Bay, one of the most popular tourist destinations on the island of Oahu and has suffered somewhat from overuse. (Wikipedia). If you place the mouse pointer on top of the image, click and hold you can drag the view around to see 360 degree views. (Tip: Click the top right corner of the image to view in full screen!)
View Larger Map
- Volcano, waterfall, and rainforest views from above with Blue Hawaiian Helicopters!
- Stay at the fabulous Mana Kai Maui in May and save BIG. 30% Off!
- Top Oahu attractions, one low price for admission to all!
- Aston Waikiki Beach Tower - $607
- $805+ Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa: 3 nights w/Air. 2 for 1 breakfast, kids 18 & under stay FREE! Get a FREE upgrade when you book a Hertz car.
- Soar over the Kona coast on a Parasailing adventure.
- Dolphin Encounter, Guided Snorkel, and Underwater Scooter Ride with Dolphin Quest Hawaii
- From $1,545 - 9 Nights Island Hopping: Oahu, Kauai & Maui w/Air, Hotel & Breakfast. Spend 3 Nights in each island.
- Kauai Condo/Car Packages from as low as $141!
- See the most popular activities on Kauai!
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers