Google is partnering with The Catlin Seaview Survey, a major scientific study of the world’s reefs, to make these amazing images available to millions of people through the Street View feature of Google Maps. The Catlin Seaview Survey used a specially designed underwater camera, the SVII, to capture these photos.
Below is the underwater view for Hanauma Bay, one of the most popular tourist destinations on the island of Oahu and has suffered somewhat from overuse. (Wikipedia). If you place the mouse pointer on top of the image, click and hold you can drag the view around to see 360 degree views. (Tip: Click the top right corner of the image to view in full screen!)
View Larger Map
- Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk - $289
- Come and be part of history at surfing’s ultimate experience with one of our special package offers. VIP access is only the beginning...
- From $1,105 - Hyatt Hotel in Maui 5-Night Package incl. Airfare, Hyatt Hotel Stay, Breakfast & Taxes
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - special rates from just $174!
- Affordable suites in the Heart of Waikiki, Hokele Suites Waikiki - 15% Off Best Available Rate
- Save 25% when you add breakfast to your stay at Royal Lahaina Resort
- Aloha Special Rates at Royal Lahaina Resort from $179 per night
- $795+ Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort & Spa: 3 Nights with Air. Includes $100 off PLUS kids 12 & younger stay and eat free!
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort - $249
- Dolphin Encounter at Dolphin Quest Hawaii from $205
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers