Google is partnering with The Catlin Seaview Survey, a major scientific study of the world’s reefs, to make these amazing images available to millions of people through the Street View feature of Google Maps. The Catlin Seaview Survey used a specially designed underwater camera, the SVII, to capture these photos.
Below is the underwater view for Hanauma Bay, one of the most popular tourist destinations on the island of Oahu and has suffered somewhat from overuse. (Wikipedia). If you place the mouse pointer on top of the image, click and hold you can drag the view around to see 360 degree views. (Tip: Click the top right corner of the image to view in full screen!)
View Larger Map
- Vacation Memory of a Lifetime: Family Swim at Dolphin Quest Hawaii or Oahu
- $595+ Plantation Hale Suites: 3 nights with Air and FREE Convertible or Luxury Car Rental, FREE parking PLUS kids 17 & under stay FREE
- Escape the ordinary at the luxurious Hotel Wailea Maui
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 4 night Best of the Beach package just $1287
- Kings Land by Hilton Grand Vacations Club - $186
- Dolphin Encounter at Dolphin Quest Hawaii from $205
- $835+ Castle Molokai Shores: 3 nights with air. One-Bedroom Ocean View Suite. Kids 17 & younger stay FREE.
- Hotel Lanai, Hawaii’s best little inn - $145
- 5th Night FREE at Hotel Molokai - a genuine hideaway from all things mainstream
- 20% Off at Aqua Waikiki Wave
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers