Google is partnering with The Catlin Seaview Survey, a major scientific study of the world’s reefs, to make these amazing images available to millions of people through the Street View feature of Google Maps. The Catlin Seaview Survey used a specially designed underwater camera, the SVII, to capture these photos.
Below is the underwater view for Hanauma Bay, one of the most popular tourist destinations on the island of Oahu and has suffered somewhat from overuse. (Wikipedia). If you place the mouse pointer on top of the image, click and hold you can drag the view around to see 360 degree views. (Tip: Click the top right corner of the image to view in full screen!)
View Larger Map
- Kids Aquatic Adventure at Dolphin Quest Oahu from $275
- Volcano Value Rates at Royal Kona Resort from $129
- $669+ Big Island January Sale: Get $100 off + FREE Convertible, SUV, Minivan or Luxury Car Rental
- Hawaii Pirate Ship Adventures Lost Treasure Excursion - $45
- $635+ Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa at Keauhou Bay: 3 nights w/Air. Includes $100 off PLUS Kids 17 & under stay FREE!
- Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk - $289
- Kauai Condo/Car Packages from as low as $129!
- Polynesian Cultural Center Alii Luau Package - $99
- Hilton Waikiki Beach - $170
- $695+ Waikiki, Oahu January Sale: Get $100 off + FREE Convertible SUV or Minivan Rental
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers