Google is partnering with The Catlin Seaview Survey, a major scientific study of the world’s reefs, to make these amazing images available to millions of people through the Street View feature of Google Maps. The Catlin Seaview Survey used a specially designed underwater camera, the SVII, to capture these photos.
Below is the underwater view for Hanauma Bay, one of the most popular tourist destinations on the island of Oahu and has suffered somewhat from overuse. (Wikipedia). If you place the mouse pointer on top of the image, click and hold you can drag the view around to see 360 degree views. (Tip: Click the top right corner of the image to view in full screen!)
View Larger Map
- $709+ Aston at Poipu Kai: 3-night One Bedroom Condo w/Air and FREE one-category Hertz Rental Upgrade PLUS kids 12 & under stay, play and eat FREE.
- Sunset cocktail/dinner cruises from $44!
- Kauai Condo/Car Packages from as low as $141!
- Shark Encounters on Oahu's North Shore. Add a little excitement to your vacation.
- You must do a LUAU! Fire knife dancers, hula dancers, mai tais, lots of food, and more! Pick one here.
- Get a bird's eye view of Na Pali Coast! Kauai helicopter tours from $211
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - special rates from just $169!
- Save up to 40% plus complimentary breakfast at Starwood Resorts in Hawaii!
- To truly experience Hawaii, you must see it from above! Blue Hawaiian Helicopter tours from $149
- Oahu kayaking tours!
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers