Google is partnering with The Catlin Seaview Survey, a major scientific study of the world’s reefs, to make these amazing images available to millions of people through the Street View feature of Google Maps. The Catlin Seaview Survey used a specially designed underwater camera, the SVII, to capture these photos.
Below is the underwater view for Hanauma Bay, one of the most popular tourist destinations on the island of Oahu and has suffered somewhat from overuse. (Wikipedia). If you place the mouse pointer on top of the image, click and hold you can drag the view around to see 360 degree views. (Tip: Click the top right corner of the image to view in full screen!)
View Larger Map
- Hotel Lanai, Hawaii’s best little inn - $145
- Park Shore Waikiki offers you beachfront location without the beachfront prices!
- Hilton Hawaii Deals - starting at just $169
- 20% Off at Aqua Waikiki Wave
- Enjoy a personal Family Swim at Dolphin Quest Hawaii
- From $925 - Oahu & Maui Island Hopping 6 Nights Incl. Air, Transfers & Daily Breakfast. Choose your favorite hotel for your stay!
- Soundproof rooms, Jacuzzi tubs, continental breakfast and more at Aqua Waikiki Joy Hotel - $132
- $689+ Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel: 3 nights with air. Includes FREE Hertz mid-size rental PLUS Kids 12 and younger stay, play and eat FREE!
- Luau, dinner cruise, snorkel and more! Book all your activities in one place
- Dolphin Encounter at Dolphin Quest Hawaii from $205
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers