Google is partnering with The Catlin Seaview Survey, a major scientific study of the world’s reefs, to make these amazing images available to millions of people through the Street View feature of Google Maps. The Catlin Seaview Survey used a specially designed underwater camera, the SVII, to capture these photos.
Below is the underwater view for Hanauma Bay, one of the most popular tourist destinations on the island of Oahu and has suffered somewhat from overuse. (Wikipedia). If you place the mouse pointer on top of the image, click and hold you can drag the view around to see 360 degree views. (Tip: Click the top right corner of the image to view in full screen!)
View Larger Map
- Kauai sightseeing tours - let someone else do the driving.
- Take a guided kayak tour in Maui's pristine waters.
- Make a Play Date with a Dolphin at Dolphin Quest Hawaii or Oahu
- Oahu horseback riding adventures from $39!
- Ready to get dirty? ATV tours on Maui.
- See the LAVA! Big Island Volcano Tours.
- Ready to get dirty? ATV tours on Kauai.
- Oahu sightseeing tours - let someone else do the driving.
- Aston Shores at Waikoloa - $179
- 5th Night Free in your Maui Condo!
Hawaiian Airlines: Special Offers