On June 11 each year (King Kamehameha I Day, a state holiday — reportedly Kamehameha's birthday), dozens of leis are draped around the neck and outstretched arms of this bronze likeness of the man who united the Hawaiian Islands under one rule, circa 1810.
Every year, thousands flock to Ala Moana Beach to honor lost loved ones at the Memorial Day Lantern Floating and Ceremony. The event creates a stunning spectacle.
- Over 35 Oahu attractions & activities, 1 LOW PRICE! Save up to 55% now!
- 5th Night FREE at Maui and Kauai condos. Book Now!
- Secluded Maui beach resort, free car, dining credits & more
- Na Pali Coast, Waimea Canyon, and "Jurassic Park Falls" views with Blue Hawaiian Helicopters!
- $785+ Hawaii Trips w/Air & FREE Convertible, SUV or Minivan
Find your perfect island
Let us help you choose your perfect island! Select the 3 top things of importance to you below and we’ll make a Recommendation.
|*Email Address is not required but helps us to better serve you.|
Find Travel Specials